Re: A Proposal to Move to Git

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2013, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> [...]
>> As I noted in <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2011-03/msg00486.html>, cgen
>> doesn't appear to use the shared toplevel at all, so if it moves out of
>> src, it would just be the cgen directory moving without a copy of anything
>> at toplevel; with regard to binutils+gdb, it's just another build tool.
>
> Still, the work-flow of using it will change (for sure for
> cgen-generated binutils and sim files) and the new work-flow of
> cgen development (both of and with) will have to be tested and
> documented.  For sim, that's --enable-cgen-maint which now'll
> require an argument.  It seems it'd almost work already except
> it'd have to live in a subdir called "lib" below the argument
> dir, which seems unnecessary.

Hi.  I didn't understand where "lib" came from so I checked.
The location of cgen is defined in src/opcodes/configure.in
and src/sim/common/acinclude.m4.
[Note to self: IWBN to combine them.]
I'm guessing you're referring to this line, in both files:
cgendir=${cgen_maint}/lib/cgen}.
We can probably change that if it's useful.
The current default is src/cgen, for reference sake.