This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: linker section of non-contiguous memory region
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Robert <devcal at gmx dot de>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 06:17:12 -0800
- Subject: Re: linker section of non-contiguous memory region
- References: <51308A02.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 2:59 AM, Robert <email@example.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to write a linker script to write one section content into two
> non-contiguous memory regions.
As far as I know the linker can not put a single output section into
two discontiguous memory regions. You have to produce two output
sections. And there is no way to intelligently split the input
sections into two output sections, which leaves you with the approach
you are already taking. Sorry.