This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch,PE-COFF,head+2.22] Don't generate bogus base relocs in .eh_frame of DLLs.
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 18:12:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch,PE-COFF,head+2.22] Don't generate bogus base relocs in .eh_frame of DLLs.
- References: <4E7F6D62.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4E96B52D.email@example.com> <EC53D261-4865-4191-ADD6-5FDED5958C75@adacore.com>
On 13/10/2011 10:57, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>> Sorry for the long delay in reviewing this.
>>> 2011-09-25 Dave Korn<dave.korn.cygwin@...
>>> * pe-dll.c (generate_reloc): Don't emit base reloc if underlying
>>> BFD reloc is from an EH section and refers to a discarded input
>>> COMDAT section.
>> Approved - please apply.
;) I am still listed as a PE-COFF area maintainer, y'know.... sorry about
having been AWOL for a while this summer. Stuff happened.
>>> I'd like to get this into the 2.22 release so that it can be in the
>>> next Cygwin binutils package. Ok, Tristan?
>> Tristan ?
I already applied it to trunk and branch in the early hours this morning,
based on Tristan's earlier "Sure" in the "Release 2.22: branch created"
thread. Would have done so earlier if I hadn't discovered problems with the