This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: m68k-atari-mint target
Here is a first version of the binutils MiNT patch against the CVS version.
Please do not commit it yet, I post it here to get some feedback if
something needs to be improved.
First I need to say I'm not the original author of this patch, I have only
improved it and ported it to modern binutils since version 2.17.
It is fully functional and used daily with GCC.
Basically, the m68k-atari-mint target use:
- the standard a.out-zero-big format for object files
- the custom a.out-mintprg format for executables, implemented in prg-mint.c
There is also a new linker emulation named m68kmint.
The MiNT OS coupled to the MiNTLib (his libc) is quite similar to Cygwin. It
provides a UNIX interface to the underlying kernel somehow similar to MS-DOS
with multitasking extensions. Thus, every time there was a test for Cygwin,
I have added MiNT, too.
In the struct aoutdata, I have added an additional ext pointer to the data
specific to the a.out-mintprg format.
In the MY_final_link_relocate() callback, I need to use the
reloc_std_external structure, so I have added a special version named
MY_final_link_relocate_rel(), used if it is available. Maybe it would be
better to add that additional parameter to all the supported targets.
Please tell me if something needs to be improved before merging this patch
to the official sources.
Description: Text document