Re: [patch] [MIPS] Allow jalx for ISA1 and above

Catherine Moore wrote:
The jalx instruction is used to call mips16 code and should be allowed for all ISAS.
Okay to install?

Thanks,
Catherine

        opcodes/
        * mips-opc.c (jalx): Allow for ISA1 and above.

Is it really available in mips1?

My reading of the ISA manuals leads me to think it may only be in mips32/64 and above. And then only if the cpu supports mips16.

Certainly saying that it is in ISA1 lets you assemble it, but it kind of degrades the the utility of being able to filter unsupported instructions out of the earlier ISAs

David Daney