Re: [Archer] RE: [Archer] Re: Apologies for wrong commit error

>  As expected in my previous email, this is not possible:
>
> Pierre@E6510-Muller ~/git/archer
> $ git push  --force origin master
> Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
> remote: error: denying non-fast-forward refs/heads/master (you should pull
> first
> )
> To ssh://sourceware.org/git/archer.git
>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (non-fast-forward)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://sourceware.org/git/archer.git'

Ah, my bad.  I had hoped that --force would have allowed us force
the push.

>   Thus my error is written in stone forever :(

Just like it would have been with any other version control system.
We all do our best, and in the end, if the error is corrected,
I don't think it's an issue all.

--
Joel