Re: Python inferior control

On 08/13/2010 10:54 AM, Phil Muldoon wrote:
Hi,

On the 23rd of August 2009 Oguz Kayral submitted an initial patch to
implement GDB inferior notification events in Python.  Since then the
patch has bit-rotted somewhat.  I've reconstituted this patch
against current GDB head and attached it.  I've not changed very much:
renamed the files, re-ordered the Makefile.in and made some minor code
changes so that it compiles.

I have started looking at this with the purpose of getting Oguz's work upstream. I stated by removing bit rot from the patch that phil posted, and making my own modifications to get things to conform to GDB coding standards. I have also started addressing some of the issues that where brought up on this thread and in reply to Oguz's original posts.

You can follow my progress on this branch on the archer repository:

archer-swagiaal-oguz

When I am finished I will reply to the emails here and post the patch on gdb-patches so we can continue the discussion there.

Sami