Re: gdbstub initial code, v11

Hi -

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 01:14:51AM +0200, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> > (It seems to me that a pure gdb report, without a synthetic
> > self-injected SIGTRAP, should be fine.)
>
> What do you mean?

(Never mind, I'm probably just confused about what you were asking.)

> > > Next: fully implement g/G/p/P, currently I am a bit confused...
> > > But what about features? [...]
> >
> > You could dig out the old "fishing plan".  One demonstrated
> > improvement was from simulating (software) watchpoints within the
> > gdb stub, instead of having gdb fall back to issing countless
> > single-steps with memory-fetch inquiries in between.
>
> When I do 'watch', gdb sends '$Z2'. I am a bit confused, iirc it
> was decided I shouldn't play with Z packets now. But I won't
> argue.

There are Z packets and then there are Z packets.  The ones Roland
told you not to worry about are Z0/Z1 related to (code) breakpoints,
which should be implemented via uprobes at some point.

The ones I'm talking about are Z2/Z3 for (data) watchpoints.

- FChE