Re: Parser rewritting

>>>>> "Sergio" == Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@redhat.com> writes:

Sergio> The current parser is written using Bison, and unfortunately it
Sergio> is insufficient to satisfy our current needs, especially for C++
Sergio> productions.

A few particulars...

We ran into some problems with the function-like cast notation.  I think
those are probably fixable, by not differentiating different kinds of
names here, but we think there will be more problems.  E.g., I suspect
we'll run into problems when we get rid of the template name hack in the
lexer.

Also, there is no good way in bison to disable a production only when
the parsing language is C++.  You can play games by returning different
tokens in different modes, or you can run a preprocessor on the grammar,
but both of those are pretty ugly.