Re: How to distinguish inheritance from containment?

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Richard
Ward<richard.j.ward1@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I sent a patch to archer that did just that about two weeks ago, if you want
> it (not that it take that long to write one yourself). It had "Info about
> base class in gdb.Type" in the subject line.

Ah, missed it the first time. The patch looks good to me, except I think
"inherited" is clearer than "base_class". If you don't like "inherited",
perhaps "is_base_class" ?

Also, you'll need a proper ChangeLog entry for both gdb/ChangeLog and
gdb/doc/ChangeLog. Something like:

ChangeLog:

2009-05-28  Richard Ward  <richard.j.ward1@googlemail.com>

	* python/python-type.c (convert_field): New attribute "base_class".

doc/ChangeLog:

2009-05-28  Richard Ward  <richard.j.ward1@googlemail.com>

	* gdb.texinfo (Types In Python): Describe "base_class".

Tom, any chance this could go in?

Thanks,
--
Paul Pluzhnikov