Error in FrameIterator.py

Hi All,

I run into a problem when exploring new-backtrace command.

(gdb) source -p /opt/archer/share/gdb/python/gdb/command/backtrace.py
(gdb) new-backtrace
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/archer/share/gdb/python/gdb/command/backtrace.py", line 193, in invoke
for pair in iter:
File "/opt/archer/share/gdb/python/gdb/FrameIterator.py", line 30, in next
if result == None:
TypeError: Frame object expected in comparison.
Error occurred in Python command: Frame object expected in comparison.

Simply changing "if result == None:" to "if result is None:" can fix the problem.

Apparently, the error message is thrown by frapy_richcompare function in python-frame.c. Shouldn't frapy_richcompare return Py_RETURN_FALSE.

I have a few other questions for Tom and other Archer developers.

An empty dictionary is always return when fields method from of a type is called. Do we actually implement it?
I have preliminary success of translating part of Misc/gdbinit to python. One thing I would like to achieve is to print the value of certain built-in type, like int, float, string, list, dict and tuple.
Tom, I recall you have a long term to support debugging python or other dynamic language natively in gdb, can you elaborate the idea a bit?

Best regards,
Teng