Problem with merge

Hi all,

I have had a bit of a problem with the merge, particularly with having it run the test suite after a particular merge. I thought I could point the finger at Phil's patch to breakpoint.c, but it seems he has wiggled off the hook as he has backed his patch out and the error still occurs. I thought I would give a few details here and if anyone sees anything familiar please provide some input.

The error that occurs is that the test suite barfs at the "break.exp" test by looping forever and finally consuming all of memory until the system locks up and has to have its power cycled. These tests are being run on an x86_64 running Fedora 10, although it has also failed on Fedora 8. Here is the output from running the test suite:

runtest break.exp --verbose --verbose break.exp
 .
 .
 .
set compiler_info [join {gcc 4 3 2} -]

get_compiler_info: set compiler_info "unknown" ;
get_compiler_info: set compiler_info [join {gcc 4 3 2} -]
get_compiler_info: gcc-4-3-2
Spawning /home/rmoseley/archer-demo-merge/gdb/testsuite/../../gdb/gdb -nw -nx
spawning command /home/rmoseley/archer-demo-merge/gdb/testsuite/../../gdb/gdb -nw -nx GDB initialized.
Setting height to 0.
Setting width to 0.
Dir set to ../.././gdb/testsuite/gdb.base
Loaded /home/rmoseley/archer-demo-merge/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/break into the /home/rmoseley/archer-demo-merge/gdb/testsuite/../../gdb/gdb
Checking "mips-idt-*" against "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"
Checking "hppa*-hp-hpux10.20" against "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"
FAIL: gdb.base/break.exp: (timeout) finish from called function

The above "FAIL" message occurs after about a minute of running. If you do not abort the test at this point, gdb gradually consumes all of memory(watching "top") and locks the system up.

If anyone has seen this kind of failure before, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick