xmlns:java = "java">
<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:value-of select="java:util.Date.new()"/>
<!-- the date u get this is of the format "Tue Jun 25 14:59:27 BST 2002"
you may format this date string to which ever way u like -->
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

HTH
Vasu

From: Mehul Kishor Mehta <mkishor@lucent.com>
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: [xsl] Date in document !
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:08:33 -0400

I am using XSLT to parse XML, and I am using SAXON to create html format output. I would like to know is there anyway I can insert date (on which document is created) in the document. Please let me know if anyone knows anyway to do so.

Please note, XML file is generated by some other tool and so I cannot hand-edit XML file.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Mehul.