Re: XSL month sorting (chronologically)

Hi Murali,

> I tried out Michael's suggestion using string-length. I am getting
> "Whitespace required before attributes" exception. What could be the
> problem.

Your stylesheet isn't well-formed. You're using double quotes inside
an attribute value that is delimited by double quotes:

> <xsl:sort
> select="string-length(substring-before("JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec",
> substring("date",4,3))"  data-type="number" />

If you use double quotes to delimit your attribute values, it's best
to use single quotes to delimit XPath strings within those attributes:

  <xsl:sort
  select="string-length(substring-before('JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec',
  substring('date',4,3))"  data-type="number" />

You can find the location of this kind of error very simply, using any
XML parser. For example, simply opening the stylesheet in Internet
Explorer will pinpoint the error for you.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison