RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl] RE: [xsl] Re:   is being displayed as Á

> > There's no standard way in XSLT of influencing whether the
> character xA0
> is serialised as a native character, as  , as   or
> as &#160.

> This seems to me to be a gross oversight in the standard, no?

Not at all. There are many details of serialization that you have no control
over, for example you can't control the order in which attributes are
written, or whether attributes are output using single quotes or double
quotes. The designers of the language took the view that you aren't supposed
to care, since the two forms are equivalent.

I added the feature to Saxon as a concession to the fact that many people
like to make the output XML (or HTML) human-readable as well as
machine-readable; and in some cases they want to process it using software
that isn't XML-aware.

Mike Kay