RE: using ancestorChildNumber in VBScript

> Count me completely baffled.  I did some work with XML/XSL
> using the IE5
> version of MSXML.  Now, I'm trying to convert my pages to
> MSXML 3.0 and I'm going a bit nuts.
> Here's part of the *new* XSL Source
> ========================
> <msxsl:script language="VBScript" implements-prefix="user"><![CDATA[
> 	function SymbolHref(nodelist)
> 	Dim nodeRef
> 		set nodeRef = nodelist.nextNode()
> 		SymbolHref = "DetailScreen.asp?idx=" &
> ancestorChildNumber("Holding", nodeRef) - 1
> 		set nodeRef = Nothing
> 	end function
> ]]></msxsl:script>
>

> First of all, I really do need to convert to the "new" way so
> that I can use xsl:param and xsl:include.

I can't help you to get your script working, but WHY are you trying to do
this in script, when it can be done easily, and with full portability, in
XSLT?

I'm not sure exactly of the spec you are working to, but this seems a
straightforward calculation that can be done within an XPath expression, or
possibly by use of xsl:number.

Mike Kay