RE: Paging using XSLT

>Is there no
>way to do something like this all within XSLT?

You can use top level parameters and variables to define the first and last
item to display and then use <xsl:if> using the position() function to
display only between the first and last items as defined in the variables.
We use servlets to define the parameters.  Also, if paging is done in this
way, you can sort all of items instead of just the items on the page you are
currently displaying.  I hope this answers your question.

Good luck,
Heather