Family tree of xconq

Hello,

I was looking for the old games of Unix, the ones I usually played years ago.

I was interested in knowing the relationships between them.

It seems Empire served as inspiration for Conquer (Ed.Barlow) and this one
inspired Dominion (aka Stony Brook), also Empire inspired many many others, like was stated in the
montly posting in rec.games.empire and rec.news
http://groups.google.es/group/news.answers/browse_thread/thread/f101cb2f5092 c2a1/1fee11800033b76a?lnk=st&q=xconq+barlow&rnum=2#1fee11800033b76a

Today I checked:

http://sourceware.org/xconq/family-tree.html

<<
1986

Initial work on a curses-based Empire clone, manual entry of large world map earth1.map (now earth-1deg.g)

I wonder if xconq was inspired by conquer in his ideas, or name, or just directly by Empire itself.

Cheers,

Juan