This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: SDTs with data types and argument names
- From: Craig Ringer <craig at 2ndquadrant dot com>
- To: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 12:13:31 +0800
- Subject: Re: SDTs with data types and argument names
- References: <CAMsr+YHUT1z=WfX1p6EUSP8fG2N0ZDtgZcdPmRz_j4p-NKHPjQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 at 11:00, Craig Ringer <email@example.com> wrote:
> That is, unless there's some way we can escape the function scope in which
> the STAP_PROBEn(...) macro is invoked and define global symbols. I've asked
> for ideas about that here: https://stackoverflow.com/q/59402666/398670 .
Looks like that's quite practical using the existing .pushsection and
.popsection features used in the existing <sys/sdt.h>. If building without
__ASSEMBLER__ we would treat STAP_PROBEn_ARGINFO(...) the same as
STAP_PROBEn(...) i.e. not generate arg info. But we could still emit it for
probes defined via a probes.d .
Will try to find time to draft a patch. My first foray into asm and custom