This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug dyninst/24884] stapdyn crashes with a segmentation fault
- From: "avi at cloudius-systems dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 08:57:10 +0000
- Subject: [Bug dyninst/24884] stapdyn crashes with a segmentation fault
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #8 from Avi Kivity <email@example.com> ---
I imagine that if you notice that a key component is always tid() (except an in
an end probe) then you can rewrite the global map as a thread local map with
extra magic for the end probe.
But it seems fragile, as soon as you violate one of the constraints even a tiny
bit, it stops working with no feedback to the user about what went wrong. And
when it stops working, it's likely to have a huge impact on the running
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.