This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug documentation/25186] New: Vim ftplugin creates conflicting autocmd group
- From: "jonathan.kinred at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 08:05:49 +0000
- Subject: [Bug documentation/25186] New: Vim ftplugin creates conflicting autocmd group
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 25186
Summary: Vim ftplugin creates conflicting autocmd group
Assignee: systemtap at sourceware dot org
Reporter: jonathan.kinred at gmail dot com
Target Milestone: ---
There's a long standing bug in the provided Vim plugin which breaks the
expected case insensitive behaviour of Vim's autocmd event's.
There is a Stack Exchange description of the problem here:
By using the autocmd group name "filetype", which has the same name as an
autocmd "event", subsequent use of case insensitive events will try to allocate
the command to the group created in the systemtap Vim plugin.
I discovered this when installing the "Development Libraries" group on Fedora
31 which includes the systemtap-devel package. After this, other unrelated Vim
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.