Re: Path resolution inconsistency between process("binary") and @var("var@cu","module")

Further

> But taking a step back: systemtap appears to expand functions once per
> invocation in a probe anyway, so why doesn't the function benefit from
> the focus_on_module() of the probe and work like case [0] without any
> specification of module name at all?
>
> Phew! Ideas?

Further note on this. I since tried the auto_path feature by putting
my library tapset in

    tapsets/PATH/my/path/to/postgres

and used

    stap -I `pwd`/tapsets/ test.stp

but had exactly the same issues. A look at the code suggests that the
auto_path feature, like the PATH search etc, is only effective for
probes, not for @var and @cast .

 2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise