Re: Newbie Notes

Oh, another tip I wanted to add to my suggestions for things to put in
the new user docs:

If you get a fault on a $local or a @var("global") check that the
target type is wide enough. I've found that in some cases I have to
user_int8(&$local) or user_int8(&@var("global")) to read an int8
target variable.

I don't really understand why this appears to be necessary at some
times but not others, etc, but there you go.