This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: Newbie Notes
- From: Craig Ringer <craig at 2ndquadrant dot com>
- To: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 16:55:04 +0800
- Subject: Re: Newbie Notes
- References: <CAMsr+YEm42ERBdSH22=G9X84GvSGiV0ExPkaULyUyGvFqvLAQw@mail.gmail.com>
Oh, another tip I wanted to add to my suggestions for things to put in
the new user docs:
If you get a fault on a $local or a @var("global") check that the
target type is wide enough. I've found that in some cases I have to
user_int8(&$local) or user_int8(&@var("global")) to read an int8
I don't really understand why this appears to be necessary at some
times but not others, etc, but there you go.