This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: bpf backend does not compile on older kernels
- From: Aaron Merey <amerey at redhat dot com>
- To: Torsten Polle <Torsten dot Polle at gmx dot de>
- Cc: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 14:00:39 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: bpf backend does not compile on older kernels
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <FBED06E7-E83D-4BBA-8342-16C07F277853@gmx.de>
Thanks for pointing this out, a fix is currently being worked on.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Torsten Polle" <Torsten.Polle@gmx.de>
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2017 3:36:48 PM
Subject: bpf backend does not compile on older kernels
the kernel used by me does not define BPF_PROG_TYPE_KPROBE, BPF_PROG_TYPE_KPROBE and BPF_PROG_TYPE_PERF_EVENT. Therefore the compilation of stapbpf.cxx fails, as the check AC_CHECK_HEADERS(linux/bpf.h) in configure.ac does not spot the missing macros.