This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: 'random' Allocation failed errors
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: corpaul <c dot bezemer at tudelft dot nl>
- Cc: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:30:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: 'random' Allocation failed errors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1377857543834-242637 dot post at n7 dot nabble dot com>
corpaul <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> When I run probes, I get allocation errors now and then. They appear to be
> fairly random, because I am probing the same task (a unit test suite) so
> memory usage should be approximately the same.
> ERROR: global variable 'times' allocation failed [...]
dsmith's recent change to the systemtap runtime (PR15805, commit
3f873e53) changes the way that large data structures like the script
hash tables are allocated. Would you mind trying git systemtap a try?