schedulevisualizer

Hello,

Thanks for making systemtap, I like it! :)

Secondly: I have made a little script variation that prints out processing times per thread within a certain process. Also, I made a little Qt 4 application called "ScheduleVisualizer" that visualises the output per thread. It's easy to build using Qt Creator.
Also included is my other Qt test application "MultiThread" that I used for making testing this script. You also need to compile it using Qt.

Usage is like this:

- Run your program somewhere, in my case "MultiThread"
- In another console, do: 'stap schedule.stp pid $(pidof MultiThread) -c "sleep 30"'
- This will monitor the multithread program for 30 seconds and then quit. Now copy the output to a text file.
- Open the text file in ScheduleVisualizer. Now you see the task switches!

It may be useful so I thought I'll share it here. Another reason is that my approach may be wrong or there may be a better way so I would like to hear it :)

Thanks
Best regards
Tom,