Re: Troubleshooting "UNEXPECTED FATAL ERROR in staprun" on ARM9 target.

On 2010-08-31, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:

> I figured out (or so I thought) the issues with cross-compiling runtime
> support for an ARM9 target (Atmel AT91SAM9G20), but the resulting
> staprun dies like so:

[...]

in staprun.c (v1.3):

   346  int send_relocation_kernel ()
   347  {
[...]
   359        while (! feof(kallsyms) && !done_with_kallsyms)
   360          {
[...]
   367              {
   368                unsigned long long address;
   369                char type;
   370                char* symbol = NULL;
   371                int rc = sscanf (line, "%llx %c %as", &address, &type, &symbol);

In line 371, the "%as" format for scanf is a non-standard, extension
specific to glibc.  Changing that function so that it uses the
standard "%s" format fixes the segfault crash and allows the hello.stp
script to run successfully.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I need to discuss
                                  at               BUY-BACK PROVISIONS