Re: about probe-alias.stp

> I have a problem about probe-alias

You're defining a probe alias and not using it.

> I write a test.stp define a probe like
>
> probe my.read = syscall.read
> {
>     printf("my_vfs\n")
> }

You have defined a probe type called my.read.  You haven't put a probe there.
Now if you do:

	probe my.read { printf("a\n") }
	probe my.read { printf("b\n") }

then syscall.read hits will print "my_vfs\na\n" and then "my_vfs\nb\n".

> and I also have a question
> when a script have a probe and a probe alias. all of them will be run? ar not?

All probes are enabled, and multiple probes for the same thing will all
run.  Probe aliases define new probe names that might be used in a script,
but never install any particular probe.

Thanks,
Roland