Hints for cross-compiling staprun?

I've found plenty of docs for cross-compiling a script to create a
kernel module for a target arch different from the host where "stap"
is being run.  I've got that working with no problem.

I've also found a few vague hints about cross compiling a full-up
systemtap installation (requiring elfutils and a handfull of other
libraries that don't appear to be needed by staprun).

What I can't find is any documentation on cross-compiling staprun.

Most of the docs that talk about cross-debugging just toss off advice
like "install the systemtap-runtime RPM on the target".

How does one cross-compile staprun without dragging in all of the
baggage required for a full-up systemtap install?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Not SENSUOUS ... only
                                  at               "FROLICSOME" ... and in