Re: [tip:x86/mm] x86, mm, kprobes: fault.c, simplify notify_page_fault()

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> another very small thing, while we are discussing kprobes:
>
> I always found that the __kprobes annotation is very confusingly
> euphemistic: what those annotations really mean is not
> 'kprobes', but 'no kprobes'.

As far as I know, __kprobes originally means 'this function will be
called from kprobes'. However, now many functions are tagged as
__kprobes, it might be confusingly.

> So how about renaming __kprobes to __nokprobes, similar to how
> we have the notrace attribute?

Would you mean that will include changing section name of
'.text.kprobes'? That's what I mind.

> We have about 350 __kprobes annotations in the kernel, so
> renaming it now would not be practical - but any objections
> against me sending Linus a rename patch somewhere late in the
> next merge window that just does this rename?

Just renaming __kprobes to __nokprobes seems good for me.

Thank you!