Re: SystemTapGui rpms/specfile for fedora.

anithra wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> Ive uploaded the RPM,SRPM and spec file for SystemTapGui-1.0-1 on
> sourceforge. This is the plugin version. The SystemtapGui client has
> been built as per the  guidelines in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/EclipsePlugins.
> The packages have been verified with rpmlint. I have included the
> SystemTapGuiServer binary rpm for x86 only. Please let me know if you
> require the binary for other platforms also and if anything else is
> missing.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=169234&package_id=306913
>

> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Anithra.

Hi Anithra,

I was able to build this no problem the eclipse-SystemTapGui-1.0-1.fc10.src.rpm
locally on my x86_64 F10 machine once the BuildRequires were installed on the
machine.

The SystemTapGuiServer-1.0-1.src.rpm should be buildable on i386, x86_64, ppc,
and ppc64 (the primary architectures). There are rawhide repositories for the
those primary architectures at:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/

There are rpms for eclipse for those architectures in the subdirectories. Unless
there are if defs for specific architectures. I would be suprised if there was
anthing intrinsic in this code to prevent it from building.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Architecture_Support

Some comments about tar ball and build:

Shouldn't the SystemTapGuiServer.spec file correct have the correct information
for point to the sourceforge page?

The make file should use $(CXX) instead of $(CC), should also be able to get rid
of the -lstdc++ in LDFLAGS.

Build ./test/testdriver.o, do not include it in the tar file.
Shouldn't have cscope.out in the tarball.

The procedure for getting packages into fedora is at:
      http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

-Will

-Will