This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: [-mm][PATCH 0/6] (yet another) kprobes x86 code unification and boosters
- From: Harvey Harrison <harvey dot harrison at gmail dot com>
- To: Ingo Molnar <mingo at elte dot hu>
- Cc: Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat at redhat dot com>, Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli <ananth at in dot ibm dot com>, Jim Keniston <jkenisto at us dot ibm dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>, Arjan van de Ven <arjan at infradead dot org>, prasanna at in dot ibm dot com, anil dot s dot keshavamurthy at intel dot com, davem at davemloft dot net, systemtap-ml <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>, LKML <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:17:22 -0800
- Subject: Re: [-mm][PATCH 0/6] (yet another) kprobes x86 code unification and boosters
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:to:cc:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; bh=fmPo3HwSgGeK8ChH1kb+3hmlk5ZT1yXQEmiF763RUhk=; b=D0eGLI8tqjjYfNi0HXH3x3x+zC75qGNrwSRxSk6uqhfUkCp9jVgI9KQMDEUlQ0LktM2szuV7C/2qI528rl7HZgfwDwXW3lD+tiEV9qtnw6U2hP65fpDsW/TuHls6BO/nLKuTU0I+5XNi+PcIU8MpGHezPWdJkShQtlgzf8zYMVs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=subject:from:to:cc:in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version:x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; b=JWTNfRmzeT5n1b8Vn988Bub4FcMA2VPVpzr1bX1rMIrBLXr3xsfdypSES4eSz4Os3EbrUdgvBUJ3GyeChvd33PdKJ0iN8UvPZwtezIUmGKILPzsxVZ3YAzRJ9TGzjS2X81zftjkcppgP/WesM9QHOMxc3ZWdm0GtrZN2CdfsORI=
- References: <47669E87.email@example.com> <20071217163342.GA10495@elte.hu>
On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 17:33 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Masami Hiramatsu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I developed a series of patches which unifies kprobes code on x86 and
> > introduces boosters on x86-64. These patches can be applied to
> > 2.6.24-rc4-mm1.
> > The purpose of this patchset is unifying kprobes_[32|64].[c|h] to
> > kprobes.[c|h] for simplifying code maintenance.
> > I know these patches are conflicting with Harvey's patch. We need to
> > solve that.
> your series fixes the 64-bit crash that i was seeing, so i've picked it
> up. Please work it out with Harvey which cleanups of him are not
> included yet.
I thought the jprobe_saved_sp looked fishy on X86_64 in my unified set
but I went bug-for-bug compatible I guess :-) If you look at my cleaned
up set this was one of the main source of remaining ifdefs.