This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[-mm][PATCH 0/6] (yet another) kprobes x86 code unification and boosters
- From: Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat at redhat dot com>
- To: Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli <ananth at in dot ibm dot com>, Jim Keniston <jkenisto at us dot ibm dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>, Arjan van de Ven <arjan at infradead dot org>, prasanna at in dot ibm dot com, anil dot s dot keshavamurthy at intel dot com, davem at davemloft dot net, Ingo Molnar <mingo at elte dot hu>, Harvey Harrison <harvey dot harrison at gmail dot com>
- Cc: systemtap-ml <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>, LKML <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>
- Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:06:31 -0500
- Subject: [-mm][PATCH 0/6] (yet another) kprobes x86 code unification and boosters
I developed a series of patches which unifies kprobes code on x86
and introduces boosters on x86-64. These patches can be applied to 2.6.24-rc4-mm1.
The purpose of this patchset is unifying kprobes_[32|64].[c|h] to kprobes.[c|h]
for simplifying code maintenance.
I know these patches are conflicting with Harvey's patch.
We need to solve that.
kprobe-booster and kretprobe-booster were explained in:
Currently, these patches do unification as following order.
1. Clean up and fix bugs in kprobes[1/6, 2/6].
2. Introduce kprobe-booster and kretprobe-booster for x86-64[3/6, 4/6].
(x86-32 kprobes already has same functionalities)
3. Prepare unification[5/6].
4. Unify kprobes code[6/6].
If you have any comment, please let me know.
Hitachi Computer Products (America) Inc.
Software Solutions Division
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org