This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: [RFC -mm][PATCH 5/6] prepare kprobes code for x86 unification
- From: Arjan van de Ven <arjan at infradead dot org>
- To: Masami Hiramatsu <mhiramat at redhat dot com>
- Cc: ananth at in dot ibm dot com, Jim Keniston <jkenisto at us dot ibm dot com>, Roland McGrath <roland at redhat dot com>, prasanna at in dot ibm dot com, anil dot s dot keshavamurthy at intel dot com, davem at davemloft dot net, systemtap-ml <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:02:59 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC -mm][PATCH 5/6] prepare kprobes code for x86 unification
- Organization: Intel
- References: <475DC362.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:53:22 -0500
Masami Hiramatsu <email@example.com> wrote:
> +#define stack_addr(regs) ((unsigned long *)®s->sp)
thanks for taking up this work again, however this line has a bug (yes it's a bug in the 32 bit retprobes);
the address of the stack is regs->sp not ®s->sp, since ®s->sp is the address of the memory we store the stackpointer in, not the actual address on the stack...
Arjan van de Ven