This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug translator/4935] support on-the-fly probe enable/disable syntax
- From: "mhiramat at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 5 Dec 2007 19:21:03 -0000
- Subject: [Bug translator/4935] support on-the-fly probe enable/disable syntax
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From mhiramat at redhat dot com 2007-12-05 19:21 -------
(In reply to comment #9)
> One question regarding the new semko/thirtynine test: why should that fail
> rather than be interpreted as an unconditional probe that happens to contain
> ".if(1)" as the last probe point component?
Because the "if()" statement is not a component of a probe point, you should NOT
use it with ".".
The parser passes ".if(1)" as a probe point component.However, the elaborator
fails to resolve it, so it is "semko".
Here is the error output:
semantic error: probe point mismatch at position 2 (alternatives: call inline
return) while resolving probe point kernel.function("sys_open").if(1)
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.