This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug uprobes/5163] tweak uprobes.ko build process
- From: "jkenisto at us dot ibm dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 28 Nov 2007 01:05:12 -0000
- Subject: [Bug uprobes/5163] tweak uprobes.ko build process
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From jkenisto at us dot ibm dot com 2007-11-28 01:05 -------
(In reply to comment #2)
> c) staprun will modprobe or insmod uprobes.ko, if necessary, for anybody who
> invokes staprun with -u and specifies a permitted stap-generated module. I
> think this is OK.
Let me clarify the above, before anybody gets too worked up. staprun runs
check_permissions() before trying to ensure that uprobes is available. So if
you're not root, and not in stapdev or stapusr, no dice. If you're not root and
not in stapdev, and the specified module isn't in /lib/modules/KVER/systemtap,
no dice. (However, staprun doesn't currently verify that the module actually
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.