This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug translator/4935] support on-the-fly probe enable/disable syntax
- From: "mhiramat at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 27 Nov 2007 23:10:37 -0000
- Subject: [Bug translator/4935] support on-the-fly probe enable/disable syntax
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From mhiramat at redhat dot com 2007-11-27 23:10 -------
(In reply to comment #5)
> Please note that use of this capability would render the probe un-disableable,
> since kernel $context variables need to be evaluated from a single particular
> kprobe rather than anywhere in the script.
Sure, I agree.
I think when we access only global variables in the condition and those
variables are not changed in the probe point, the probe will be disabled
automagically from other probes where those global variables are changed.
And This optimization depends on where the global variables are changed.
Procfs probes and timer probe are good places to do that.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.