This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: [Bug translator/4935] support on-the-fly probe enable/disable syntax
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:32:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: [Bug translator/4935] support on-the-fly probe enable/disable syntax
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I developed a patch for the parser and the elabolator to support
> this syntax. Currently, this just translates the next script; [...]
> This is the first step of this feature, since this patch does not
> include optimization code.
It is a fine start. Please merge & commit it. Are you planning to
write some tests & documentation for this new syntax?
The optimization wor (automagic probe disable/enable operations) will
be much bigger, and we should share the work.