This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: listening in on Unix domain sockets
- From: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- To: Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim at redhat dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:55:42 -0500
- Subject: Re: listening in on Unix domain sockets
- References: <4731D903.email@example.com>
> I'm trying to analyze [a UNIX vendor's] Java plugin. The plugin
> proper forks and execs a JVM process with which it communicates
> through Unix domain sockets. Is there a way to externally trace
> data exchange across Unix domain sockets?
Other than system-call level tracing, here's a low-level method.