This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug uprobes/5275] uprobes: smarter insn slot allocation for SSOL
- From: "jkenisto at us dot ibm dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 6 Nov 2007 21:29:43 -0000
- Subject: [Bug uprobes/5275] uprobes: smarter insn slot allocation for SSOL
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From jkenisto at us dot ibm dot com 2007-11-06 21:29 -------
(In reply to comment #1)
> Would it make sense to bypass uprobe_ssol_slot() totally for powerpc (and like
> archs) that may potentially never need the lru to kick in?
There's definitely sense in that. It would impose a theoretical limit on the
number of probepoints a process could hit; but registering 16K uprobes would
probably stretch some practical limits -- e.g., related to the size of struct
uprobe_probept or the lengths of the hash lists in uproc->uprobe_table.
Unfortunately, making all the slots private on 1-2 architectures doesn't reduce
overall code complexity.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.