This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: kallsyms __print_symbol prints first weak symbol encountered
- From: Rusty Russell <rusty at rustcorp dot com dot au>
- To: Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu dot desnoyers at polymtl dot ca>
- Cc: linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org, "systemtap at sourceware dot org" <systemtap at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:38:04 +1100
- Subject: Re: kallsyms __print_symbol prints first weak symbol encountered
- References: <20071030174902.GA6513@Krystal>
On Wednesday 31 October 2007 04:49:02 Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
> kallsyms returns the first symbol encountered, even though it is weak,
> when it should in fact return sys_ni_syscall.
Yes, it's an arbitrary choice, but preferring non-weak symbols would
definitely be a win.