This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug runtime/3858] option to share trace buffers between probe modules
- From: "mhiramat at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 18 Oct 2007 14:57:56 -0000
- Subject: [Bug runtime/3858] option to share trace buffers between probe modules
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From mhiramat at redhat dot com 2007-10-18 14:57 -------
(In reply to comment #17)
> For the buffer sharing, I think the problem is simply that output will get mixed
> together in such situations, which is not unexpected in a shared buffer
Yes, I think so, and current code doesn't cover it yet.
Output from begin and end probes might be mixed up with other outputs. So
currently, we ought to take care of it. For example, if we use these options,
we should not output from begin/end probes, etc.
I think that possible solutions are:
- begin/end probes prohibit interruptions only when we use these options.
- output routines invoked from those probes prohibit interruptions.
- make module local output buffer in each module, and pass it to host script API.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.