This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: SystemTap on 2.6.23-rc8-mm2
- From: David Smith <dsmith at redhat dot com>
- To: Mike Mason <mmlnx at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:07:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: SystemTap on 2.6.23-rc8-mm2
- References: <470512D6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
David Smith wrote:
Mike Mason wrote:
Just a heads up... I had to patch buildrun.cxx to get scripts to build
on 2.6.23-rc8-mm2 (CFLAGS changed to KBUILD_CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS changed
to KBUILD_CPPFLAGS). I've attached the patch below. I don't know
when or if this change will go into Linus' kernel. I'm also not sure
of the best way to ensure the correct CFLAGS are used in build_run.cxx
(maybe check s.kernel_release?).
I've seen this also (and in fact I meant to check something in but got
distracted by my other marker work). I believe my solution will be
backwards compatible to 2.6.9 kernels - I've tested it on RHEL4 but I
wanted to test f7 and RHEL5 to make sure I didn't break anything.
I tested this on RHEL4, RHEL5, and f7. It seemed to work correctly
everywhere so I've checked my changes.