This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug runtime/5085] print_backtrace() and backtrace() not working in timer.profile probe on 2.6.23-rc8 kernel
- From: "mhiramat at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 2 Oct 2007 15:19:28 -0000
- Subject: [Bug runtime/5085] print_backtrace() and backtrace() not working in timer.profile probe on 2.6.23-rc8 kernel
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org
------- Additional Comments From mhiramat at redhat dot com 2007-10-02 15:19 -------
(In reply to comment #0)
> backtrace from timer.profile:
> the profile stack is 0x001d3392
It was reproduced on my machine with 188.8.131.52-91.fc7.
timer.profile will be invoked when a user program is running, and backtracing
fails on user stack.
I think we need to introduce a function to check whether the probe is in the
kernel or in user mode.
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.