Re: Killing staprun/stapio cleanly from another process

Martin Hunt wrote:
On Wed, 2007-09-12 at 14:35 -0700, Mike Mason wrote:
If I want to use staprun to run a pre-compiled script module, then want to kill it cleanly via a signal from another process, what's the best way to do that? I tried "kill -s SIGINT <staprun_pid>" and it didn't work, although the same command against the stapio pid does seem to work.

You should send signals to stapio.

So if I fork/exec staprun from a program, then want to kill staprun/stapio from that same program, how can I do it? I only have staprun's pid.

BTW, I'm asking this for the SystemTap GUI team. Before stapio was added, they could start/stop staprun using staprun's pid. Now that stapio is involved, that doesn't work anymore.

Thanks,
Mike

Martin