Re: Proposal for small addition to testsuite output

Kris Van Hees <kris.van.hees@oracle.com> writes:

> [...]  My question is...  Can snapshots be identified uniquely based
> on the version string (0.6/0.127) or should it be by date as
> specified in the snapshot announcements [...]

The "stap -V" version numbers are not unique, but at least the
transitions are tagged in CVS.  Releases created by Red Hat have
unique version numbers in that we normally bump the number for the
release/snapshot, tag, then immediately bump the number again.

Dated ftp snapshots are well-defined but they are not tagged in CVS
either so recreating them after their auto-deletion is problematic.
At the moment, the ftp snapshot script uses anonymous CVS, so it
cannot place a tag of its own, but I'll try to change that.