This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Looking for recommendation for using SystemTap
- From: Tony Reix <tony dot reix at bull dot net>
- To: "systemtap at sourceware dot org" <systemtap at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:02:30 +0200
- Subject: Looking for recommendation for using SystemTap
I'm having several Oopss while running tests of an application which
- one patch applied to the kernel
- one kernel module
The analysis of the Oopss clearly show that "someone" writes strings
(like "ata" or "ejbo") randomly in memory and destroys links in
structures, like vmlilst used by get_vmalloc_info in fs/proc/mmu.c or
ulp->proc_list used by loop_undo in ipc/sems.c .
Maybe my code is the culprit, or not.
Do you think SystemTap can help me finding the culprit ?
If yes, do you have recommendations and proposals about how to use
SystemTap for that goal ?
Can you point me to documentations providing the basic for using
SystemTap in real ?