This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: Tapset state & plans
- From: "Gui,Jian" <guij at cn dot ibm dot com>
- To: Mike Mason <mmlnx at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:31:31 +0800
- Subject: Re: Tapset state & plans
- References: <4512D828.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mike Mason wrote:
I've been asked to do is help expand and enhance systemtap's set of
tapsets. As a starting point, I have some questions regarding the
current state of things:
- What analysis has been done to determine what tapsets should be
implemented? Has anyone done a comparison between the data that dtrace
provides and what systemtap does/should provide?
- Of the tapsets already in cvs, which are considered complete and which
are incomplete. I know things like this are never truly "done", but some
must be more done than others.
- What tapsets are people in the community currently working on?
- Does a prioritized list of tapsets "to be done" exist?
Current RPC tapset mainly picks probe points from high-level
RPC client, server and scheduler functions. It doesn't cover
other components such as XDR, credential, etc. Any contribution
to this/systemtap is welcome.