This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
RE: stap semantic error on PPC64 running Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4 Update 4
- From: "Stone, Joshua I" <joshua dot i dot stone at intel dot com>
- To: <prasanna at in dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: <fche at redhat dot com>, <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:25:18 -0700
- Subject: RE: stap semantic error on PPC64 running Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4 Update 4
On Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:55 PM, S. P. Prasanna wrote:
> I get the following error "semantic error:
> duplicate probe point pattern" while running the tapset present
> in /usr/share/systemtap/tapset/process.stp on PPC64.
> Is the same error seen on other architectures too?
> Am I missing something?
> Details about the rpm's installed and error messges is as below.
Tapsets are not scripts, and should not be run directly. If you want to
play with probes in the process tapset, just write a simple script that
calls one of the aliases. There's an example in the CVS tree: