This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: missing entrypc dwarf line record
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- To: David Wilder <dwilder at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 14 Sep 2006 15:13:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: missing entrypc dwarf line record
- References: <4508A644.firstname.lastname@example.org>
David Wilder <email@example.com> writes:
> semantic error: missing entrypc dwarf line record for function
> semantic error: no match for probe point
> while: resolving probe point kernel.function("jprobe_return")
This indicates that there is not even basic debugging information for
this function (to delineate the beginning of its object code). At
this time, we don't gradually degrade to basic symbol-table-level
information, so such functions cannot be probed.
> jprobe_return is black-listed but it is not helping.. [...]
It being black-listed would imply that an attempt to probe it will be
blocked at some point. The translator blacklist operates at
translation time; the kprobes blacklist operates at startup time.